Essentials of Productive Teams – Toronto, ON
When: Thursday, November 16, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Registration starts at 8:45am SHARP)
Where: Toronto Central Grosvenor St. YMCA
Room: Community Room
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs workshops, is free for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. However, the preauthorization of a valid credit card is required as part of the registration process. A $50 penalty will be applied to all late cancellations (cancellations that are not made 5 days or more before the workshop date), no shows, or incomplete attendance. These penalties are only charged after the completion of a workshop and no charges are ever made to interns who participate in full. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our help page here.
Recognize and utilize the skills of others to achieve workplace goals quickly while gaining the understanding of what it takes to lead and participate in a truly effective work team that meets deadlines and sees results.
You will learn:
- The key steps and competencies in building effective teams
- How to manage barriers to team success
- The best practices of team communication
Key Topic Areas
- Essentials of team building
- Creating a team action plan
- The importance of clarifying roles
- Understanding conflict within teams
- Building trust and accountability
- Identifying issues
- Motivating teams
- Available resources
If you have any questions please contact the Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.