Time Management - Halifax, NS
When: Thursday, May 14, 2015
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Registration opens at 8:45am)
Where: Dalhousie University - Mona Campbell Building
Room: Coburg Boardroom (room 3107)
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs Step workshops, is free for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. However, the preauthorization of a valid credit card is required as part of the registration process.
A $50 penalty will be applied to all late cancellations (cancellations that are not made 5 days or more before the workshop date), no shows, or incomplete attendance. These penalties are only charged after the completion of a workshop and no charges are ever made to those who participate in full. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our help page: http://step.mitacs.ca/faq
This workshop gives you real tools to measurably improve your productivity, performance and reduce stress within and outside the workplace.
Learn how to get your projects and activities done on time. Learn what makes a successful action plan or to do list, and then how to implement your plans effectively. Manage time thieves such as procrastination, distractions, interruptions and over-commitment. Discover effective time management tactics that work for our modern world.
You will learn to:
- Identify and correct behaviors that lead to procrastination
- Prioritize deadlines in the face of competing priorities, taking into account values, resources and skills
- Employ available technologies and use them appropriately
- Drive results
Focus on Results
- Time-management concepts in the face of present-day challenges
- The power of SMART goals and progressive elaboration
- The Project Management Institute’s foundational concepts
- Prioritize your day
Corrective & Effective Action
- Behaviours that lead to procrastination and how to correct them
- Dealing with distractions
- Saying “no”
- The “Not-Do” list
- When to use technology
Efficiency and Quality of Life
- The pillars of energy
- Aligning activities with personal values, resources and skills
- Creating a personalized, sustainable time-management system
- Time opportunities for a healthy and balanced lifestyle
If you have any questions please contact the Step team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact us if you have a serious allergy or dietary condition at least one week prior to the workshop and we will do our best to accommodate you.