Designing a Personal and Realistic Career Plan – Toronto, ON
When: Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31 2017
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Registration starts at 8:30am)
Where: YMCA of Greater Toronto
Room: Community Room
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs Step workshops, is free for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. However, the preauthorization of a valid credit card is required as part of the registration process. A $50 penalty will be applied to all late cancellations (cancellations that are not made 5 days or more before the workshop date), no shows, or incomplete attendance. These penalties are only charged after the completion of a workshop and no charges are ever made to those who participate in full.
A unique opportunity to dedicate two days to plan your future and design one or several professional project(s). During this graduate-focused, interactive training, you will design a realistic career plan that fits your personal aspirations, your competencies and aligns with the job market reality.
Through this workshop, participants will:
· Gain knowledge of the career planning process and the importance of creating a career plan
· Define a realistic professional plan
· Connect their aspirations and competencies to the changing career landscape
· Identify the competencies and transferable skills gained through their academic experience
· Communicate value and impact to prospective employers/partners