This webinar is password protected for members of Mitacs Elevate and will not be available for general registrations.
Format: Live Webinar
Time: 60 minutes
Access: One day only
They say ‘first impressions’ are everything! In our professional lives, the resume often acts as our ‘first impression’ and at-a-glance, communicates our experience and qualifications. This webinar is focused on the essential elements of an effective resume that will get attention.
Whether you have a polished resume or are just wrapping your head around turning that 8-page CV into an effective career-building-tool, you will learn to cater how you communicate your research, project and Elevate Program experience into door opening prospects. Following the webinar, submit your resume for expert feedback by the facilitator. Join us!
At the end of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand and communicate how employers use resumes in the hiring process
- Properly format a resume for their industry/sector of choice
- Identify key sections of the resume to highlight their Elevate experience, customized to their profession of choice
- Communicate the professional experience gained from the Elevate program to employers (skills, actions and outcomes)
- Create the basis for a customized resume template (master resume and/or resume genres) that will decrease the amount of time spent on individual applications
Understand and anticipate the role of Applicant Tracking Systems in reviewing resumes (formatting, keywords, scoring)
How to register:
- Click here to create a profile on the Step portal. (If you have already created a Step profile, proceed to step 2.). If you have not yet created a profile for this portal, you will not be able to register for
- this live webinar.
- Once your profile is complete, return to this page and sign in using your new profile.
- Click “Register for this class” and use the password provided to you.
- You will receive a separate email with the login details and instructions closer to the date of the webinar.