Start Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
End Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Format: Online Workshop
Access: Multi-day - Can be accessed at any time during the workshop’s start and end date but must be completed by the end date of March 1, 2019.
Estimated Completion Time: Approximately 2 – 3 hours
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs Training workshops, is free for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our help page here.
Get the knowledge you need to build your network! Your time at graduate school/during your postdoctoral fellowship will be filled with opportunities to make connections in and outside of your field. This short online workshop will give you the information you’ll need to make the most of each opportunity.
Building a strong personal and professional network may be one of the single most important things you can do for your career. Learn how to plan, prepare, build and foster your network and watch opportunities unfold in front of you.
At the end of the session, you will:
- Have learned the importance of building a strong network
- Techniques on tapping into the existing network around you
- Have learned practical tips on identifying and planning networking opportunities
- Learn to strategically prepare for an upcoming event
- Have a better understanding of social networking tools available and tips on how and when to use them
Additional access and login information to the online workshop will be provided to you in your registration confirmation email. If you have any questions please contact the Training team at email@example.com