Start Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
End Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Format: Online Workshop
Access: Multi-day - Can be accessed at any time during the workshop’s start and end date but must be completed by the end date of March 1, 2019.
Estimated Completion Time: Approximately 5 - 6 hours
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs Training workshops, is free for both graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our help page here.
If you find yourself frequently running out of time on a project or impending deadlines are making you anxious, this workshop is for you. You’ll learn how to make the most of every minute, avoid procrastination and other “time thieves,” and create achievable plans and schedules, based on project management best practices.
To deepen participants’ understanding of the time management techniques and knowledge that they need set clear goals, break down work tasks, and estimate task duration.
You will learn to:
- Accurately organize & estimate your workload
- Boost performance and productivity
- Drive the results that matter to you
- Take effective action to help follow-through
Key Topic Areas:
Define & Clarify What Matters
- Create daily routines that fuel your energy and action
- Learn some Project Management best practices to help you accurately plan
- Create effective Action Lists that drive results
- Apply tactics to help prioritize and defend action
- Define and decide what is important and urgent for you
Implement Effective & Sustainable Action
- Establish a weekly routine that quickly corrects and adapts your plans
- Self-correct behaviours around time thieves such as procrastination & distraction
- Self-Negotiate the first 15 minutes of important-but-not-urgent action
- Introduce controls to minimize interruptions, distraction, and procrastination
- Learn how to Assess before saying “Yes” to a new commitment
- Learn effective tactics that help negotiate your time with colleagues or managers
Boost Performance & Productivity
- Effective “Counterbalancing”: Learning how to task-switch for performance improvement
- Learn how to effectively drive sustainable action over the long-term
- Introduce ways to switch tasks so that you recharge energy and enhance daily performance
Additional access and login information to the online workshop will be provided to you in your registration confirmation email. If you have any questions please contact the Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org