Time Management – Kingston, ON
When: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Time: 8:30 am-4:30 pm (Registration opens at 8:15am)
Where: Queen's University, John Deutsch University Centre
Room: Robert Sutherland Room
Cost: This workshop, as with all Mitacs Step workshops, is free for graduate students. However, the preauthorization of a valid credit card is required as part of the registration process. A $50 penalty will be applied to all late cancellations (cancellations that are not made 5 days or more before the workshop date), no shows, or incomplete attendance. These penalties are only charged after the completion of a workshop and no charges are ever made to students who participate in full. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our help page: http://step.mitacs.ca/faq
Time Management: Renovate your day, Sharpen your skills, + Reduce your stress.
Whether you are a seasoned time-management veteran, an Optimistic Scheduler, a Master Procrastinator, or are simply interested in sharpening your time management skills, this fun and engaging course is designed to take your schedule from surviving and turn it towards thriving. In this one-day workshop, you will discover and review practical techniques that will better define, implement, monitor and control your day-to-day activities. From ancient wisdom to modern day technology tips, this workshop is sure to have something for anyone that wants to improve the quality and experience of their relationship with time.
Focus on results. Plan to succeed.
- Discover time-management concepts that are in-touch with 21st Century challenges.
- Tap into the power of setting annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, + daily SMART goals
- Learn to Identify and commit action to what’s really important in your day.
- Apply certain Project Management Institute foundational concepts used to help develop, implement, monitor + control schedules.
Introduce Corrective + Effective Action
- Identify and correct procrastination behaviours.
- Learn how to monitor + control distractions and interruptions in your day.
- Sticking to your plan when it matters. Learn how to say and apply “No” when needed.
- The power of a “Not-Do” list and other simple tips to gain control over unmanageable schedules.
- Identifying what technology to use when .
Increase Efficiency + Improve Quality of Life.
- Realize significant productivity by managing your pillars of energy.
- Align your Activities with your nature, values, resources and skills.
- Discover time-opportunities for introducing and/or maintaining healthy and balanced lifestyles.
- Putting it all together: Build a sustainable system that works for you.